Armour Astir: Advent is a high-fantasy roleplaying game about striking back against an authority that seeks to control you.
It is a game of rival pilots clashing in steel-clad Astirs, of soldiers holding their own against the odds, and of spies and diplomats twisting the world to their ends. It is not a game of careful preparation or pleasant truces;
It's hard to change the world without taking a risk.
Armour Astir: Advent is a PBTA game where the players use their wits, expertise, and their huge enchanted suits of armour to fight against an oppressive regime. As in in-development project, the playtest version of Armour Astir: Advent is available for free! If you just want to try out the game, you don't need to pay a penny. Alternatively, the current version of the full game with art and complementary fiction is available for $15.
- Four 'Channeler' playbooks - magical mecha pilots who stride into battle in a custom Astir
- Four 'Support' playbooks - the engineers, spies and diplomats whose skills lie off the battlefield
- Health/Harmless combat - players must force their opponents into a corner by making them take risks or putting them in peril
- Simple Factions & Conflict Turn - The Authority makes claims and gains hold on Factions who must block their efforts
- Armour Astir: Ascent - a rework of the core playbooks and new example Astirs for sci-fi themed play
- Armour Astir: Artifice - a microgame about creating an Astir for three players, originally created for #WizJam2k19
If you have feedback, concerns or criticism, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Playtest Feedback (Armour Astir)'.